Welcome to www.irishmosspeat.com
Run by Gerry Delaney, we have been serving the local community for a number of years now, supplying top quality mosspeat to gardeners and landscapers across the west of Ireland.
Proven, top-quality product. Gives top quality and the best value for your money.
Research winner. Growing trials compared various soils amended with peat, coir, compost and blends. According to Dr. Jean-Yves Daigle:
"Sphagnum peat can be considered the best overall
performer as a soil amendment and substrate: it is homogeneous,
easy to handle and has shown the best growth results; all of
this at a highly competitive price."
Crop benefits. Irish sphagnum peat moss has the familiar, beneficial properties you want and have come to expect:
- Yields excellent water and air exchange capacity
- Provides enhanced root growth and ideal cation exchange capacity
- Provides excellent buffering capabilities
- Saves water by retaining moisture and releasing it slowly
- Saves on fertilizer by reducing nutrient leaching
- Protects soil from hardening and adds organic material
- Aerates heavy, clay soil and binds sandy soil
Renewable resource. Peat is considered to be a slowly renewable resource and is harvested in a sustainable manner.